tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: [Tomcat 3.3rc1 and HEAD] Same SessionID delivered to manyclients during session creation ?
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:32:41 GMT

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 costinm@covalent.net wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> > Our Application has no JSP's.
> > It is based on Velocity and Struts using Toplink as Persistence Layer.
>
> I'm a bit confused - isn't Struts based on JSPs ? But it shouldn't matter,
> what's important is finding if the problem is caused by tomcat or by the
> framework.

Like most frameworks, Struts has components that can be used separately.
The controller servlet doesn't care at all what presentation technology
you are using.  Likewise, the JSP custom tag libraries don't care how you
are actually processing the requests.  There are definitely synergies if
you use the entire framework together, but it's not required.

Craig