tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernardo Antonio Buffa Colome" <krei...@vates.com>
Subject reflection and classloading problems on tomcat 4.0 & 4.0.1-b1
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 05:06:59 GMT
Hi guys!

I´ve problems with
Class.forName("javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest")

I´ve noticed this is an expected behaviour from servlet 2.3 specs.
Browsing the catalina source code in classloaders I encountered this.

I think a webapp must be restricted on loading classes of the servlet
API from its own repository of classes and NOT from the container
repository. This approach will not conflict with the original pourpose
of the specs on that subject, I mean, prevent some webapp replacing the
API classes (and the J2SE ones)

I sorry my english is very rudimentary. I´m argentinian.

Thanks in advance, for the great effort of the community behind this.

Bernardo