tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Gomez Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL Tomcat 4.x] Cluster
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:02:29 GMT
En réponse à Bip Thelin <Bip.Thelin@razorfish.com>:

> Pasted below is an email I posted a few weeks ago where I
> responded to a similar question. Hope this might help.

Did you ever have considered using the web connector, mod_jk for
example, to forward serialized stuff from TC to web-server, when
needed, at answer time ?

It will help recover from a TC crash when using farm of TC
(in load-balancing or fault-tolerant mode) .

For example :

Apache server use mod_jk and balance load between TC1, TC2, TC3.

After a session creation TC1 send both http anwser + serialized session
data to Apache. When session is updated, TC1 resend session datas.

TC1 crash and then Apache resend the request to TC2 + the previously
saved session stuff.

And it won't need to deploy multicast stuff.

ajp14 could be extended in such a way.

What do you think of that ?

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____