tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: SSL session attribute
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 01:12:08 GMT
It doesn't seem to be in either the 2.2 or 2.3 spec.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bojan Smojver" <bojan@binarix.com>
To: "Tomcat Dev List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 5:00 PM
Subject: SSL session attribute

> Is the request attribute "javax.servlet.request.ssl_session" (in TC 3.3)
> a 'standard' attribute that keeps the SSL session ID? Is there a spec
> that defines it?
>
> It seems like an extremely important part of keeping the users from
> bumping into each others TC session 'by accident' (or should I say by
> cracking).
>
> Bojan
>
> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

*----*

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above
as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient,
you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.