tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat shell scripts...
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:07:55 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pier Fumagalli" <pier@betaversion.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 2:19 PM
Subject: Tomcat shell scripts...

> Any clue why in the catalina.sh script the java binary is never invoked
with
> "exec" (replacing the current process instead of creating a new one)?
>
> I don't see anything which gets executed after each invocation of
> "$JAVA_HOME/bin/[java,jdb,...], so it's a waste of memory to leave one
shell
> there just hanging around basically doing nothing...
>
> I just replaced them with "exec $JAVA_HOME/bin/..." and it works perfectly
> with "run", "start" and "stop", so if noone is against, I'll check in the
> modified versions...
>
> (Oh, I didn't check, but that might affect also TC3.x)...
TC3.x doesn't use catilina.sh ;).  However, it does do processing after
$JAVACMD in most task.

>     Pier
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

*----*

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above
as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient,
you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.