tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <rmauch...@home.com>
Subject [VOTE] Tomcat 4.0.1 release
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:58:13 GMT
Hi,

I would like to call for a vote on the 4.0.1 release of Tomcat.

This release does not include any emergency bug fixes (either security or
critical) over 4.0, but does include fixes for a lot of problems dealing
with useability and for a significant number of other bugs.

There were no high risk changes over the 4.0.1 Beta 1 release, and very few
changes overall, so I think it's appropriate to release 4.0.1 without the
need for a new beta.

Only one outstanding issue is remaining (bug 3770), and it will be addressed
later today.
The release notes for 4.0.1 contain the full list of changes over 4.0.1 Beta
1, and the release plan contains the latest bug status. Current open bugs in
bugzilla will be resolved as either LATER, INVALID or WORKSFORME (the
release plan contains indications about the outcome of each of the open
issues).

The vote will run until 10/14 or until a clear majority is found. The CVS
will be tagged and the release will be packaged on 10/14.

Should there be a critical bug found before the release date, the release
will be postponed, and the bug will be addressed.

[ ] +1  I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
[ ] +0  I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
[ ] -0  I not in favor of the release

Thanks,
Remy