tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <rmauch...@home.com>
Subject Re: ajp13 and tomcat 4.0 - Must set connectionTimeout to 0
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:06:12 GMT
> Hi to all,
>
> It seems that Ajp13Connector use a timeout set in Tomcat 4.0,
> notimeout in TC 3.2/3.3 and since ajp13 connection ARE persistant
> we have Read timed out error :
>
> Here is the kind of problems you'll see (thanks Xavier)
> A solution will be set connectionTimeout to 0 in server.xml :
>

>     <Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
>                port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
>                acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="0" />

Moving to the dev list ...

A negative value would work (connectionTimeout = -1), but I think the
setSoTimeout code should just be removed in the AJP connector (you can go
ahead and do it if you get the chance, otherwise, I'll do it later today).

The Tomcat 3.3 AJP 1.4 interceptor doesn't call Socket.setKeepAlive(true)
either (I don't see a problem with that one, though).

Remy