tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2.0/1.1.0 vs ab
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:59:24 GMT
I'd guess that this is probably the case, since the error only means that
the client dropped the connection before TC finished sending (e.g. "stop"
button pressed in normal use).  Pretty harmless most of the time.
----- Original Message -----
From: <cmanolache@yahoo.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: mod_jk 1.2.0/1.1.0 vs ab

> It may be related with the way ab is closing the connections at the end of
> the test, I used to get a lot of 'socket closed' - but now this is
> filtered ( but happens at the end of the test ).
>
> Costin
>
> On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Bojan Smojver wrote:
>
> > GOMEZ Henri wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you servlet was time consuming ?
> > >
> > > May be we're in a situation where tomcat run out of ajp13
> > > threads ...
> >
> > Processing time for the servlet is around 160 - 180 ms on average (with
> > -c 10), so it's not that much really. Max processing time can be up to
> > 900 ms, sometimes over a second. Keep in mind that this is only
> > happening with -c (concurrency) option of ab being above say 2 - 3, and
> > it only happens at the very end of the run. If I increase the number of
> > requests (-n option) to 10000 (from 1000), it also happens at the very
> > end of the run, never in the middle. I have tried increasing the number
> > of threads, but that didn't make any difference whatsoever.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Bojan
> >
> > PS. If you wish, you can download the servlet I'm using from here:
> > ftp://ftp.binarix.com/pub/pump/pump.tar.gz.

*----*

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above
as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient,
you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.