tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JNI Connection
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 14:50:57 GMT
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Thomas Colin de Verdiere wrote:

> Main things :
> JNIConnectionHandler include to classes:
> JNIRequestAdapter
> JNIResponseAdapter
>
> so it's not possible for me to extend JNIConnectionHandler as i want to
> modify
> JNIRequest and Response Adapter.
>

> Those reported bugs are in Bugzilla :
> 2353
> 2384
>
> Thomas Colin
> i did post a patch two month ago tell me if you want me to resubmit it

Please do so.

What do you want to do ? The 'right' solution might be to change mod_jk to
allow you to specify the class/method that will be used ( 'jni port' ).
Even if you extend JNIEndpoint, the class name is hardcoded in mod_jk
right now.

We do plan a major refactoring of jni endpoint ( in j-t-connectors), but
if the patch is simple enough we can probably do it ( i.e. add
public/protected or move code so you can extend it ).

Costin