tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Knauf" <Aar...@geniesystems.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 4.0-beta-7 Released
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 01:38:14 GMT
I am submitting a bug report here, as jakarta.apache.org is reporting
"connection refused".

A bug in Tomcat 4.0-beta-7:

DTD URL for the webapp 2.3 dtd is now incorrect.
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd"  is a file containing the
following message:
---------------
The file named http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd
has been renamed to http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd
in the most current version of the specification.
Please update your application to use the new name.
---------------

One more note:  Now that the XML parser used to parse the web.xml and tld
files is (correctly) strict about element order, it would be handy if the
filename were displayed along with the parser error messages.  (So I can
find all the error in my incorrectly ordered deployment descriptors and
tld files!)

Cheers

Aaron Knauf
Software Developer