tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Craig_Reichenb...@lotus.com
Subject Looking into EJB w/ Tomcat4.0 - advice?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:35:56 GMT
Hi, I'm looking for a free/open source EJB application server to build upon
my experience with Tomcat (don't want the big guns - weblogic, websphere,
iplanet...).  I have been using Tomcat4.0 and Struts to create N tiered web
applications up to this point & would like to explore EJB.  Is there an EJB
application server into which I can integrate Tomcat4.0?

- I like that JBoss bundles with Tomcat, but I don't want to revert to
Tomcat 3.2.  Also, JBoss doesn't support EJB2.0.  Still, could I plug in
Tomcat*4.0* as the servlet container?

- Orion looks to only come with it's own servlet container.  Dont think I
want that.

- It looks like the Sun RI bundles tomcat 4.0.  Is that to say the Sun RI
application server uses Tomcat4.0 as it's servlet container?  If so,
perhaps this the best choice?

Thanks,
Craig