tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Deacon Marcus" <deacon_mar...@wwtech.pl>
Subject Another funny thought this time about PHP
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 03:38:56 GMT
Hi,
Some of my co-workers are pushing for php support. While I'm strongly
opposing the idea (who needs php when jsp is available? imo that's plain
ridicilous), I thought, is it - theoretically - or would it be possible - to
set up Tomcat + Apache in a way where instead of standard model, all files
processed by Apache except those meant for Tomcat, reverse the roles - make
Apache "slave" of Tomcat, and use it only for, for example, php, while using
Tomcat for everything else including static content.

Greetings, deacon Marcus