tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject Status of Cert handling in Tomcat 3.3
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:15:55 GMT
Hi,

With the latest source and the attached patch from Nacho,
isapi_redirect.dll is able to pass the certificate to
Tomcat.  However, when I try it out on Win2k and IIS5.0
I get the following exception displayed:

Ajp13: Certificate convertion failed
java.security.cert.CertificateException: Unable to initialize,
java.io.IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=76, too big.

This comes from the:

    X509Certificate cert = (X509Certificate)
            cf.generateCertificate(bais);

call now found in o.a.t.util.compat.Jdk12Support.getX509Certificates().

I haven't tried this with Apache and mod_jk.  Is that combination
working for others?

Any clues or suggestions how to pursue this problem would
be appreciated.

Cheers,
Larry Isaacs