tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: IIS Connector for TC4.0
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:01:11 GMT
GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >> WebApp will talk only "AJPv14/WARP", based on APR, and only
> >implementation of

> >> Yes -
> >
> >Maybe to you, but buddy "Costin" doesn't like it... :)
>
> No I'm sure Costin like the merge, and I like
> you all comment the following timing :
>
> 1) Release TC 3.3/4.0
>
> 2) Start to think on how to merge AJP14/WARP
>
> 3) Add the AJP14-WARP protocol to mod_jk and mod_webapp (adaptation)
>
> 4) Add APR to mod_jk and worker concept to mod_webapp

I would do:

 1) Release TC 3.3/4.0

 2) Start to think on how to merge AJP14/WARP

 3) APRise mod_jk (Adding in a sense you can have a code with/without it via
configure would be a lot more work).

 4) Add the AJP14-WARP protocol to mod_jk and mod_webapp (adaptation)

 5) Add the worker concept to mod_webapp

Because the WARP protocol part of mod_webapp could be used unchanged (or nearly
unchanged) in mod_jk.