tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanna Uppaladadium <prasa...@kirusa.com>
Subject RequestDispatcher problems [Tomcat 3.3b1].
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:15:37 GMT
Hello.

The bugs database is down so I couldn't check to see if there is already
a bug filed for this one.

It looks to me that something in the RequestDispatcher interface
implementation is fundamentally broken: the following code causes Tomcat
3.3b1 to just crash (I mean the process just vanishes into thin air).

     RequestDispatcher rd =
request.getRequestDispatcher(voiceRegServlet);
     rd.include(request, response);

The above code fragment is part of a (fairly simple) servlet. The
fragment is executed when an error condition is to be generated. The
variable voiceRegServlet simply points to a JSP page.

Is this a known bug? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Prasanna.