tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Petheram <bil...@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject Class loading bug?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 08:37:37 GMT
I am using tomcat as a JMX MBean, using JBoss code.

When I use struts in my webapp. I get NoClassDefFoundError in
AdaptiveClassLoader. If I add checks for NoClassDefFoundError at the
same place as checks for ClassNotFoundException the code 'falls through'
to load the class properly.

The seems like a bug to me, as AdaptiveClassLoader should check for
NoClassDefFoundError. Also the order of loading classes seems wrong. It
tries the system class loader before looking in it's list of jars

I had a brief look at Tomcat-4.0 and this also appears not to check for
NoClassDefFoundError.

Should I report this as a bug?

thanks

bill