tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shailesh S. Gokhale" <ssg...@rediffmail.com>
Subject >> Apache/Tomcat Collaboration
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:46:37 GMT

Hello all!

I have a few questions regarding Apache/Tomcat collaboration. I have tried posting this message
to atleast 3 other forums including the tomcat-user mailing list but no one has answered my
question. This may not be the right place to post it but I have a feeling that you guys may
be able to enlighten me on the following. I will be very thankful if someone clears my doubts.

1. I understand that Tomcat can work with any (supported) web server in two modes - 'In Proc'
and 'Out of Proc'. I have successfully configured Tomcat (Out of Proc) to work with Apache.
The question is how can I make it work 'In Proc' with Apache?
2. In relation to the above, there seem to be two available adapters for the Apache/Tomcat
collaboration in the Windows environment. One is ApacheModuleJServ.dll and another is mod_jk.dll.
[The second one replaces a more complex adapter (mod_jserv.dll) available earlier and no longer
used]. My question is what is the difference between the two - that is ApacheModuleJServ.dll
and mod_jk.dll?

Many Thanks
Shailesh Gokhale
ssg0@rediffmail.com