tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@one2team.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0 RPMs?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:31:26 GMT

Le 2001.09.28 18:15, Christopher Cain a écrit :
> The problem is that we don't have the luxury of packaging
> the various
> jars separately (most of them, anyway). This is
> essentially a case of
> Licensing vs. Packaging. The "value add" clause of several
> jar licenses,
> unfortunately, state that we either bundle them in a
> single package, or
> we don't distribute them at all.

Well, correctly packaged jars (as oposed to what one can
download from sun) are certainly a « value-add » in my book
(I spend so much time organising  the jars I downloded, good
rpms would have been a breeze). Wouldn't this be sufficient
for sun lawyers (and if not, can't they do some decent
packaging for a change ?)

--
Nicolas Mailhot