tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem in Unloading TomCat Catalina
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:38:38 GMT

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Sai Sekhar wrote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 01:56:44 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Sai Sekhar <saisekharp@yahoo.com>
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Problem in Unloading TomCat Catalina
>
> Any lights to the folloiwng Problem please:
> Need the solution very urgently..
>
> hi,
>
> I am running catalina on HP-UX. When i give the
> following command,
> /home/cio_port/jwdf_src_v101/jwdf/ org.apa
> che.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
>
> The catalina engine starts successfully. But it does
> not stop.
>
> I am using the following command for the same
> /home/cio_port/jwdf_src_v101/jwdf/ org.apa
> che.catalina.startup.Bootstrap stop
>
> The classpath is set properly as the catalina engine
> is running successfully.
> Any suggestion in this regard would be of great help.
> Anticipating earliest reply.
>
> Thanks in Advance & Regards,
> Sai Sekhar

> http://phone.yahoo.com

Two things:

* With no more details about what *does* happen,
  it's impossible to debug this.  Do you get any
  log messages at all?

* Have you tried it with the standard startup.sh
  and shutdown.sh scripts, instead of calling
  Bootstrap directly?  This is needed to set up
  the required environment variables and pass
  certain system properties.

Finally, this question is more appropriate on the TOMCAT-USER rather than
here.

Craig McClanahan