tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup Bootstrap.java
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:51:49 GMT

On 20 Sep 2001 remm@apache.org wrote:

> Date: 20 Sep 2001 23:46:27 -0000
> From: remm@apache.org
> To: jakarta-tomcat-4.0-cvs@apache.org
> Subject: cvs commit:
>     jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup
>     Bootstrap.java
>
> remm        01/09/20 16:46:27
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup
>                         Bootstrap.java
>   Log:
>   - Don't load ldap.jar if the system CL has the LDAP classes already (that's similar
>     to the jndi.jar hack).

I was just in the process of generalizing this to a "class loader factory"
that can automatically skip JAR files that contain any class from a list
of trigger class names.  That way, we can also ensure consistency across
class loaders that are created by Bootstrap, BootstrapService, Catalina,
and CatalinaService, without using a hack.

Craig