tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject [Bug 3589] - Cannot process Taglib TLD when deployed through EmbeddedManager MBean
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2001 05:21:33 GMT
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3589





------- Additional Comments From remm@apache.org  2001-09-13 22:21 -------
I tried reproducing the problem with the Embedded class itself, using the 
included example (the Main method), and Webwork 0.95.
To summarize, it worked for me.

I put all the jars in my server/lib dir, and typed:
java -Dcatalina.home=D:\cvs\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\build -cp jakarta-regexp-
1.2.jar;jaxp.jar;crimson.jar;catalina.jar;servlets-common.jar;servlets-
cgi.jar;servlets-cgi.jar;servlets-default.jar;servlets-invoker.jar;servlets-
manager.jar;servlets-snoop.jar;servlets-ssi.jar;servlets-
webdav.jar;naming.jar;resources.jar;servlet.jar;bootstrap.jar;jasper-
compiler.jar;jasper-runtime.jar;namingfactory.jar;tools.jar 
org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded

In Embedded.Main, I added:
        Context webwork = embedded.createContext("/webwork", home 
+ "/webapps/webwork");
        host.addChild(webwork);

The logs are (with a few added debug lines):
<snip/>
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addServletMapping( 
*.action, action)
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addWelcomeFile( index.jsp)
XmlMapper: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addTaglib( webwork, /WEB-
INF/lib/webwork.jar)
XmlMapper: Debug level: 3
XmlMapper: Validating = true
ContextConfig[/webwork]: Scanning web.xml tag libraries
ContextConfig[/webwork]:   URI='webwork', ResourcePath='/WEB-
INF/lib/webwork.jar'
ContextConfig[/webwork]:     tldConfigJar(/WEB-INF/lib/webwork.jar): Processing 
entry 'META-INF/taglib.tld'
XmlMapper: Set locator : org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2$DocLocator@7ebe1
Resolve: -//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN 
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglib_1_1.dtd
  Using alternate DTD /javax/servlet/jsp/resources/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd
ContextConfig[/webwork]: Scanning library JAR files
ContextConfig[/webwork]:     tldConfigJar(/WEB-INF/lib/webwork.jar): Processing 
entry 'META-INF/taglib.tld'
XmlMapper: Set locator : org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2$DocLocator@d85f79
Resolve: -//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN 
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglib_1_1.dtd
  Using alternate DTD /javax/servlet/jsp/resources/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd
ContextConfig[/webwork]: Added certificates -> request attribute Valve
ContextConfig[/webwork]: Pipline Configuration:
ContextConfig[/webwork]:   org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve/1.0
ContextConfig[/webwork]:   org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve/1.0
ContextConfig[/webwork]: ======================
StandardContext[/webwork]: Configuring application event listeners
<snip/>

To add additional info, apply this patch to the ContextConfig source:
RCS file: /home/cvs/jakarta-tomcat-
4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup/ContextConfig.java,v
retrieving revision 1.52
diff -r1.52 ContextConfig.java
1112a1113
>             e.printStackTrace();

That should tell us which operation caused the problem.

Note: All this is tested using Win2k + JDK 1.4 b2

Mime
View raw message