tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: New resource: Bugs every servlet programmer should know about
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:54:19 GMT

One "family" of bugs you might want to include pertains to app servers
that still use the Jasper engine from Tomcat 3.1 in their current
production versions (such as IBM's WebSphere 3.5.3 and earlier).  Such
servers inherit a large number of bugs from that Jasper code -- one that
bites many users is the fact that this Jasper does not let you use
pageContext.removeAttribute() to remove an attribute from request scope.

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Jason Hunter wrote:

> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:11:25 -0700
> From: Jason Hunter <>
> Subject: New resource: Bugs every servlet programmer should know about
> I just posted on a new resource listing the top bugs a
> servlet/JSP programmer should know about.  They're culled from my email
> inbox, based on the most
> frequently reported problems sent to me by users.  Several directly
> involve Apache/Tomcat, so I thought this would be a good forum in which
> to post a mention.
> If you know of other similarly "high profile bugs", please let me know.
> -jh-

View raw message