tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apache-2.0 mod_w ebapp.c
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 13:34:55 GMT
On Thursday 06 September 2001 18:06, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 01:52:50AM +0100, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> > Since there is no official release of httpd-2.0, I am confident that
> > nobody will actually care unless they're testing something... And by
> > "testing" good practice says "get the HEAD of CVS and try it out yourself
> > if it doesn't work". Development happens on "head" and if someone forks
> > off for a little while to do some porting to some weird operating
> > systems, at the end those changes will have to be integrated with HEAD,
> > so, there's no point in sticking with backward compatibility AT THIS
> > POINT.
>
> +1 to what Pier said.  (Ryan may chip in here too...)
>
> If you are using anything other than HEAD for httpd-2.0, I don't
> care much about any bug reports you may have.  The odds are that it'd
> either be fixed or broken in a different manner.  =)  -- justin

Don't try to mainain backwards compat in 2.0.  We aren't even trying yet.
Every release of 2.0 other than head has a serious problem, either a
memory leek, or a security hole, or it can crash the machine.

IF your not using HEAD of httpd-2.0, you have a problem.  :-)

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org