tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Sachin Walia" <sac...@pscindia.com>
Subject Tomcat4.0 and UserTransaction
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:13:36 GMT
hi,

in my project i am trying to get an instance of javax.transaction.UserTransaction in tomcat4.0
using jndi.

i have added the following tag in my server.xml for this regard as well as in web.xml as it
is mentioned in the docs of tomcat4.0

  <Resource name="jta/UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"/>

when in my JSP application i try to retrieve the instance it throws an exception on browser
that says

Exception Report:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot create resource instance
Root Cause:javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance

the code i hve written in jsp page is::

 Context ctx1 = new InitialContext();
 Context ctx2 = (Context)ctx1.lookup("java:comp/env");
 UserTransaction ut = (UserTransaction)ctx2.lookup("jta/UserTransaction");

any idea what shud be done to mend this..

BTW i am using mysql as database and mysql's type 4 jdbc2.0 compliant driver.

please suggest its urgent..

thanks in advance,

sachin walia