tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: embedded tc
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:52:06 GMT
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Larry Isaacs wrote:

> message rather than skip the "put".  I believe "tc_path_add"
> is how Tomcat passes the "classpath" to Jasper, so Jasper
> would be hosed with out it.  Also, if cp==null, then your

Well, Jasper will survive - JspInterceptor uses util.compat
to get the classpath directly from loader. This is only needed
if somone wants to use JspServlet ( disabled by default ).

It's there mostly because it was there before :-)

But having it empty is sign something went wrong in guessing the
classpath - that means you have no jars in lib/common and lib/webapp !
Which is pretty bad sign.

Costin