tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Sources in Binary Distributions
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:39:27 GMT
So what we have here is a minority of developers who look through the Tomcat
source, versus the majority of people who have no interest in the /src dir.
The argument is "leave src in there so that when I want to look at the
source, i don't have to download a src dist".

For some reason, the "keep it in there" argument almost makes it sounds like
the src is unavailable unless it's in the bin build.  Personally, for all of
the people that could care less about the source, I don't think it's asking
much for people who want to look at the source to go and get it...?

- r