tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob S." <rsli...@home.com>
Subject RE: Sources in Binary Distributions
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:18:56 GMT
> I'd like to second that.  I am currently not involved in any active
> development, but looking at sources contained in a binary dist is
> certainly the first step towards getting involved (its on my list (o:  )

So you *expect* the /src dir in a binary dist?  That's mind-blowing to me.
If you're interested in TC development, your first thought isn't "Time to go
d/l the src distro" it's "Time to d/l the bin dist so I can check out the
src" ?

I'm not making a huge stand here, I thought bringing up the suggestion was
almost common sense.  It's a "bin" dist, i.e. !(src included).  I wouldn't
expect it to be there <shrug>

- r