tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Byrom Robert-LRB005 <Robert.By...@invisix.com>
Subject multi threading in tomcat
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2001 12:55:25 GMT
hi,

firstly, congrads. to an excellant product , tomcat is certainly the best servlet/jsp container
we've used in our company and is second to none.

I hope someone invlolved in the tomcat development can help me here. I'm working on a project
which makes heavy use of tomcat and I need to find out a little about the inner workings of
its 'engine'. I've looked through some of the source code and the mail archives but so far
I cant really find what I'm looking for. In a nutshell, I'd like to find out how the tomcat
server deals with concurrent requests. Are requests to tomcat queued or does each request
have a unique thread of execution. In the later case, is it necessary to make your application
thread safe while using tomcat as a front end?

I hope someone can advise.

thanks in advance

rob.