tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Ru, Simon" <Simon...@WorldChain.com>
Subject partial URLPatternMatching in Tomcat 4.0 (Servlet 2.3 spec)?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 17:45:10 GMT
I wonder if Servlet 2.3's Filter allow partial URLPatternMatching. Something
like:

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>timerFilter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/Controller?action=timer*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
If it can, then we can use the Filtering mechanism as a controller to do
request dispatching. We can avoid having thousands if statements in the
Controller and we can easily modify the dispatching route without recompile.

If it can't, is it something worth enhancing? What needs to add to have that
capability? Thanks in advance.

Simon Ru
Software Engineer
(510) 897-5331
http://www.worldchain.com

Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your computer. Thank you.