tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Sources in Binary Distributions
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 20:27:43 GMT
Pier P. Fumagalli at pier@betaversion.org wrote:

> [ ] - +1 Remove the sources [I will help in the process, meaning do the job]
> [ ] - +0 Remove the sources [I can't help, won't help]
> [X] - -0 Leave the sources [But since I don't volunteer this is not binding]
> [ ] - -1 Are you nuts? Sources are there and there have to remain.
>
> Comments: (required for -1)

It's a totally pointless discussion... Everyone always included sources in
binary distros... So, I'm for the peace and quiet and leave things as are
now. But, since I'm a nice guy, I don't make it pending...
(Pointless to overiterate on the advantages to see the sources with the
binaries, like the same .class and .java files all toghether..
Yadayadayada). But I'm just wasting bandwidth (like the rest of this
thread!)

On a sidenote... If we have an installer (like under Windows) I vote -1 for
removing sources from that, and make it an optional component. So, my -0 is
only for tarballs/zipballs (balls!) bah! (Go Remy!)

    Pier