tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Quick suggestion before the new beta tag
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 04:44:21 GMT
Quoting "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>:

[snip]

> I've got the usual config.sys entry to increase environment variable
> space:
>
>   shell=c:\command.com c:\ /e:4096 /p

BINGO! That was it. My config.sys didn't have anything in it at all. Adding
that line fixed it. Man ... there's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

> Grumble grumble ... Win98 is also the reason for tonight's release in
> the first place .. the stupid OS interprets "/....../" type paths as the
> same as an equivalent number of "/../../.." entries (one level per extra
> dot beyond the first two).

Holy ... are you serious?!? LOL! That's genius!

Personally, I'm gonna test this connector and then exit this Mickey Mouse OS
poste haste. I *really* feel for you guys who have to actually support a
complex app on this abomination. It should be tried at the Hague for crimes
against humanity.

Thanks to both you guys for the assist!

- Christopher