tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Quick suggestion before the new beta tag
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 04:15:30 GMT
Quoting "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>:

> By "the TC4 binary" do you mean the ZIP file or the new executable
> (.exe file) that includes an installer?

The zip.

> The standard startup scripts work fine for me on my Win98 laptop ...
> the "Catalina" thing is ignored and Tomcat starts just fine in a separate
> window.  Further, I've heard lots of other people say they run Tomcat 4
> on Win98, and no other complaints about this issue.  Maybe there is
> something wierd about your configuration?

Hmmm ... I don't do that much on this box, so there's nothing too out of the
ordinary. I'm running the Sun 1.3.0 JDK, and this is the original Win98 (not
SE) with all of the current security patches.

My PATH is simply {jdk_dir}\bin, JAVA_HOME is {jdk_dir}, CLASSPATH simply has
rt.jar (for Jikes) catalina.jar, and servlet.jar (the TC4 one), and
CATALINA_HOME is set.

I've rebooted just to make sure that the ENV variables get set globally. Other
than that, it's a pretty bare-bones install. I just assumed that it was a
standard DOS thing in Win98, but I guess I'm the only one seeing it. Is my
setup pretty much the same as yours? Very strange ...

- Christopher