tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <>
Subject RE: Thread pool support
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:52:35 GMT
Hi Bojan,

The user's guide still has a lot of content that is out of date.
You cite one of the sections that I haven't updated yet.

The reading of server.xml is controlled by
found in "tomcat/modules/config".  See the setBackward() method
at the end of the file for how the old syntax is supported.
The syntax you request is now the standard.

If a module (a.k.a interceptor) has a setter, you can specify
the corresponding property in server.xml.  Since PoolTcpConnector
(which Ajp13Interceptor extends) contains setMaxThreads(),
setMaxSpareThreads(), setMinSpareThreads(), etc. the syntax
would be:

<Ajp13Connector maxThreads="50"

I believe it is the following lines in ServerXmlReader.addTagRule()
that makes this possible:

	xh.addRule( tag ,

Hope this helps,

View raw message