tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Wilson-Salt <co...@london.virgin.net>
Subject RE: Is anyone working on iPlanet integration?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 15:31:25 GMT
What are the differences between mod_jk and mod_webapp?

I've looked at the code for mod_webapp but not mod_jk, though I have read
the documentation on configuring Apache / iPlanet to use Tomcat 3, which I
believe is based on the mod_jk stuff.

What are the differences between the protocols used between the web server
and the servlet container? Is one more efficient / less resource intensive?

In terms of future development, is one going to be easier / more likely to
get features like load balancing between multiple web servers and multiple
servlet engines?