tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Fowler <a...@aber.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat-Users mailing list...
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:56:19 GMT
Hi Pier and all,

FYI I fully intend to setup new and improved mod_jk support pages when I
get my new domain 8o)

I will also put links as to other sources of information and tell the
users visiting the site about good practice (IE looking up in archives
before posting etc.)

I have built a modest repository of mod_jk.so builds in the last few
months. I intend to go all out in getting builds for other platforms.

As I am also part of the TomcatBook Project
(http://tomcatbook.sourceforge.net) I will also be including tonnes of
information on my site about mod_jk building/installation etc.

I am responsible for the Tomcat 4.0 part of the documentation on the
Project so will also have resources up for that.

I will post a *huge* message when its complete and rolled out. In the
meantime if anyone has a rare build of mod_jk (AIX, HP-UX etc.) could
they please send me the information as to what versions of the software
they have are relevant:-

1) Tomcat version (as the mod_jk source is released along with the
tomcat source)
2) Apache version
3) OS name and version
4) special information (E.g. ssl enabled) and installation problems
5) Author name would be nice.

Build scripts for platforms that haven't got a script in the source
directories would be excellent too, as would information on what
platforms the available scripts do work on.

I hope this will help reduce the load of questions on this topic.

Adam.