tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bragg, Casey" <Casey.Br...@allegiancetelecom.com>
Subject How to force authentication from JSP?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 02:01:48 GMT
Is there a way to force a user to be authenticates as 'Guest' for example?

Running Tomcat 4.0b7.. JDBCRealm...

Is it possible for a JSP (not through javascript) to do something along the
following lines :

  <jsp:forward page="j_security_check">
      <jsp:param name="j_username" value="<%=p_username%>" />
      <jsp:param name="j_password" value="<%=p_password%>" />
  </jsp:forward>

The above doesn't work... 404 error.. which seems logical since
j_security_check isn't not really a page.

What I really need this for is where I have a 'Create new user account'
page.  Once the account is created I should have already logged the user in
for convenience.

I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer in the
archives.

Thanks so much for your help!

...Casey