tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject RE: Addition of 'dirty' field to Session interface
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:19:47 GMT

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Reilly, John wrote:

> Also, I don't think its a good
> thing for the developer to have to indicate that a session is dirty.

I agree with the feeling, but what alternatives do we have?

Consider that I might have an Employee bean with a "name" property, and I
add it to my session:

  Employee bean = ...
  session.setAttribute("employee", bean);

and, later on, I call:

  bean.setName("New Name");

through a reference to "bean" that I had kept from some previous
processing.  How is the container supposed to know that this attribute is
now dirty, unless the developer tells it so?

> jr
> >
> > Craig

View raw message