tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From g...@stinky.com (Alex Chaffee)
Subject [FAQ] jGuru FAQ Update
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:24:04 GMT
jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to alex@jguru.com .

 - Alex

need it? get it. tools, code and tutorials for open-standards based development.

Stay informed with dW's weekly email newsletter
http://www.jguru.com/misc/register_devworks.jsp?src=notify

Hi.  You asked to be notified weekly when certain jGuru.com items get new entries.

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

?D?parameters in a servlet
I know that I'm not the only one that has arised this subject, but there is no reference on
it in the forums (*believe* me ;)
<P>
When you show a form (POST or GET) to a user you can check for some required fields in javascript,
but you should double check it again on the servlet. I mean, some fields are required, other
need to be in a range (too many characters, too little number, NaN, and so on), and other
simple checks.
<P>
Is there a (more or less) standard way to achieve this? I'm standing over a XML config file
where I say every argument that every servlet receives, if it's required or not, its type
and limits, and so on. I was wondering if there was another way more appropiate to do this.
<P>
Thanks in advance, guys :)
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=473818

Suppose a JSP form has, among other elements, a listbox that allows the user to make multiple
selections. After the form is submitted, I want to send the request parameters to a bean via
&lt;jsp:setProperty ... property="*"/&gt;.<P><P>Is there a way to have
the * populate the bean's corresponding String or String[] with ALL the selections from the
listbox, instead of just the first? (As if the setProperty/* did a getParameterValues instead
of getParameter).
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=471086

++ Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

[...]

What is the difference between a RequestDispatcher object obtained from the Request object
and  the RequestDispatcher object obtained from the ServletContext ?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=473812

How do I pass query parameters when I use Request Dispatcher?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=472606

++ Tomcat FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

What MIME type do I have to add to my Web server to be able to deliver a Java Web Start applet/application?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=473102