tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Incze Lajos <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-service/java/org/apache/service
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 19:35:09 GMT
> > So, now I'm stuck. Which one do you think is better (lately, I'm more
> > oriented towards the second approach!)
> >
> >     Pier

The HP Core Services Framework defines the
abstract service base class by marker interfaces as

Destroyable, Initializable, Reconfigurable, Startable, Stoppable

Avalon has more marker interface groups (activity, context, configuration,
parameters) enabling you to make finer distictions (alltough it's a
question whether you can utilize it or not). So, even your second approach
seems to me a very minimalistic one.

View raw message