tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bala Nemani <bnem...@khameleonsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat on Windows vs. Unix
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:55:57 GMT
Thanks for the response.

We are going to move to 3.2.3 soon. Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: mailtracker [mailto:mailtracker@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 2:20 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat on Windows vs. Unix

1.  keep in mind the differences in naming conventions on Windows and Unix:
backslashes and forward slashes, case-sensitivity, end-of-line
characters....
(files created on Windows, if not transferred properly, will appear on Unix
with every line terminated with a "^M")

2. Why not use the latest release version of Tomcat, 3.2.3?  Is there a
compelling reason to stay with the 3.1 branch?

> From: Bala Nemani <bnemani@khameleonsoftware.com>
> Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:51:32 -0400
> To: "'tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org'" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Tomcat on Windows vs. Unix
>
> Hi:
>
>> We are developing a web application using Tomcat 3.1, Oracle DB, JSP,
Java
>> Servelets using MVC Architecture. All the development and testing is
being
>> done in Windows platform (Tomcat running on Windows 2000). But customer
>> would like to deploy Tomcat on Unix
>>
>> Are there any known issues that we need to be pay extra attention to?
Have