tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Luttrell" <>
Subject Why doesn't Jasper 3.3 builds fail on errors like release 3.2 does?
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 02:01:00 GMT

I am attempting to get Jasper to compile my jsp files. From the command
line, i am doing this:
>java -classpath ..everything.. org.apache.jasper.JspC -die -d
src/jsp/WEB-INF/jsp -webapp src/jsp

Where my jsp files are nested beginning from src/jsp.

I've noticed this problem on multiple files, for your sake, here's a
sample jsp file in it's entirety: <start of file> <%
<end of file>

When i compile this with release 3.3, i get no output indicating
anything is wrong. I also get an empty .java file.

When i compile this with release 3.2, i get the following error:

	2001-08-01 18:56:17 - error-the file '\bla.jsp' generated the
following parse exception: org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException:
p:\dev\test\bla.jsp(1,22) Unterminated <% tag

View raw message