tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/util/buf Ascii.java B2CConverter.java Base64.java ByteChunk.java C2BConverter.java CharChunk.java DateTool.java HexUtils.java MessageBytes.ja
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:19:46 GMT
> >   Log:
> >   Copy of jakarta-tomcat-connectors.
> >
> >   Since we plan a feature freeze and beta, we need the stable code
> >   checked into tomcat.
> >
> >   ( this is based on the recent discussion on tomcat-dev about the role
> >   of j-t-c and the plans for 4.0 w.r.t j-t-c ).
>
> I don't plan to move the non - Catalina specific parts of Coyote, or
> j-t-c/util to the TC 4.0 tree. Just put a tag or create a branch, and the
> job's done.

Buffers are very tomcat3.3 specific :-)

We plan a feature freeze, and we'll still use j-t-c for Ajp14 and new
stuff. Creating a branch would be far too difficult - we'll need to use
both the branch for the utils, and the main tree for Ajp14 and latest
connector.

Most of those packages were almostly unchanged in the last few months,
and I certainly hope they'll remain this way.

Costin