tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Slifka <RSli...@rim.net>
Subject RE: Vote on oustanding doc issues?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 20:03:23 GMT
> Anyway, I agree with Rob. I would like to see a committer
> bring at least
> #1 to a vote at this point. That way we can at least get the

>From Craig and Pier, we have a "negative" on the applicability of TC3<->TC4
docs.  I believe Henri thinks otherwise.  Would any other knowledgeable
parties care to share?

1) We know the admin docs will be different
2) We know the Tomcat developer docs will be different
3) We know the Web App developer / User docs will be different

>From my point of view, it comes down to sharing the non-Tomcat docs - what's
a "web app", etc.  Is it worth coordinating an additional repository for
these docs that appear to be stable?  Should we even be maintaining these?
There's a wealth of information out there on web apps...

Someone please call a vote =)

- r