tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp Makedefs.in Makefile.in configure.in
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 08:45:20 GMT
Jon Stevens at jon@latchkey.com wrote:

> on 7/12/01 7:06 PM, "pier@apache.org" <pier@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> pier        01/07/12 19:06:33
>>
>> Modified:    webapp   Makedefs.in Makefile.in configure.in
>> Log:
>> Modified build procedure (now building also Java files).
>>

> Pier,
>
> You should have the Makefile just call Ant in order to build the Java code.
> Much less messy over the long term.

The java code in the Jakarta-Tomcat-Connectors CVS is considered to be a
"work in progress". Once a release is made, and the code is considered
stable, it'll be moved over to the "jakarta-tomcat-4.0" repository, where
ANT already builds it... I want to keep jtc as a development CVS tree, and
jt4 as a stable tree (more or less how they do it in freebsd)

    Pier