tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [PRE-PROPOSAL] jakarta-tomcat-doc sub-project : WAS: [TomcatDocu mentation Redactors To Hire]
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 02:06:05 GMT
Jon Stevens at jon@latchkey.com wrote:

> +1 on both points. Anakia isn't gods solution yet, but it does the job just
> fine for about 10 different Jakarta projects and like Pier says...if someone
> comes up with a better solution tomorrow, it is easy to switch to it.

That's why I _love_ XML so much... Almost like Java... You find a better
OS/VM combination, just throw away all your old stuff and move onto the new
platform...

As Duncan used to say: "Java, portable code. XML, portable data."

> p.s. The main apache.org site will soon be generated with Anakia as well.

That's so cool... Ok, Jon... Before you actually do it, we _need_ to find a
solution for mirrors (relative links for static stuff, absolute links for
CGIs and Servlets)

    Pier