tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [PRE-PROPOSAL] jakarta-tomcat-doc sub-project : WAS: [TomcatDocu mentation Redactors To Hire]
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 01:45:15 GMT
Rob S. at rslifka@home.com wrote:

> This seems to be one of the questions that comes up and never gets answered
> (re: docs, not Jon's behavior ;)  I'm not sure what magical solution will
> get people to read docs.  Frankly, I'd just like to get started.  Anakia
> works for Jakarta, it works for Struts ==> it'll probably work for Catalina.
>
> Committers, [VOTE] on this?

Personally, I don't think that Anakia is the _best_ solution ever invented,
and Jon knows that I prefer XSLT to Velocity syntaxes, but so far there is
no alternative option (don't even consider using StyleBook, OK? I wrote it
and I deprecated it long time ago).

Anakia has been proven to be a good option when it came down to the problem
of building our website, and thank god that Jon made it... And so, by big +1
on using Anakia for our docs...

(And if something gets out in the future which is better - I'm not implying
anything here - we can decide whether to switch or not... That's the f**king
good part of XML :)

    Pier