tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: i need help for mod_webapp
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:46:03 GMT
Ren Weili at renweili@csvw.com wrote:

> 1)compiling the apr, it need an option --disable-threads
> otherwise the mod_webapp.so cann't be loaded by apache, it said:
> undefined symble:pthread_sigmask

Yes, that's a known bug... I am fixing the build process and related
documentation for APR/WebApp

> 2) in the jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/docs/apache-1.3.html state:
> LoadModule webapp_module  libexec/mod_webapp.so
> AddModule  webapp_module //this is really really a problem!!//
>  //it must not be present here.
> WebAppConnection myConnection warp localhost:8008
> WebAppDeploy examples myConnection /examples/

Why shoudln't it be present? I don't quite get it...

> 3) how to config the server.xml and httpd.conf correctly?
> the last WebAppDeploy statement must be put into a <VirtualHost>
> section?
> I can see http://localhost/examples/ ,
> but http://localhost/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp does not work
> properly, without any response.

Nope.. You don't need to put it in a <VirtualHost> section, it can leave
easily outside of it... I'll check out why numguess.jsp doesn't work

> 4) would the developer of j-t-c develop a version of apache-2.0.X??

It's undergoing. The problem so far is that since APR is used by Apache-2.0
too, the module needs to be linked to that particular APR version, and
that's still quite tricky.

    Pier