tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0 build.xml tomcat.nsi
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:55:04 GMT
Quoting "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pier@betaversion.org>:

> Remy Maucherat at remy@betaversion.org wrote:
> >
> > No, I'm bundling a binary of JavaService (a BSD licensed open-source
> project)
> > until the official JSR 96 (or your interpretation of it) runs on
> Windows (is
> > it  possible to build it now ? I thought it wasn't).
>
> As per our conversation of yesterday night, I still need to modify
> something
> in Tomcat before it could work (basically, removing the stuff in the
> start()
> method that will wait and schedule a stop()) and add the load() method
> in
> the connectors...

Guess what, I needed that too for the NT service ;-)
So I did it. It's BootstrapService and CatalinaService. They don't expose a
damn shutdown socket, and they don't shutdown asychronously.
Of course, since the time needed to shutdown TC 4 is waaaaaaaaaaay too long, NT
still ends up killing TC before the end of the shutdown, but at least it's a
step in the right direction.

> Can we shoot for a B7 after all those changes are in?

I think we can.

Remy