tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp configure.in
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:25:25 GMT
Quoting jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com>:

> I have some more problems because printf does not like \133. (Why
> \133 and not ]?).

Bacause [ and ] are the string delimiters in M4... If you change that and try
to run AutoConf, it'll complain...

> I have some remarks:
>
> - Why using "\033\13301m", "\033\13300m" etc but not
> bold="\033\13301m",
> offbold="\033\13300m", red=...?
>
> - \133 is not ] but $ on my EBCDIC platform.
>
> - Why not using bold=`tput smso` offbold=`tput rmso`? Does someone
> know how to ask for red and offred?

Why don't we simply remove all the colourization? It's kinda fancy and
neat, but we don't seriously _need_ that...
I got that code from Ralf's some project, and looked cool on my terminal,
but we seriously don't depend on having colours in the script :)

   Pier

BTW, for US citizens, s/colour/color/g (getting the accent and more over
here)