tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kedar Hirve <khi...@evincible.com>
Subject My small, simple problem continued... (null container for my valv e)
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 21:37:52 GMT
Oh, WOW. It did work, and I didn't even have to modify Catalina's startup
classpath. I had tried putting the class under common\lib and server\lib,
but I didn't know that common\classes would work. But now I've got another
problem...

Again, I have this barebones valve class I wrote, and I've gotten it to load
up without exception in Catalina. Now, oddly enough, I find that my valve
has a null container, even though its nested in a context in my server.xml:

<Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext" path="/"
debug="0"
 docBase="/" reloadable="true">

   <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" verbosity="1"
    directory="/logs/kedlog" prefix="valvetest" timestamp="true" />

   <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valvetest.KedValve" />
</Context>

Is there some initialization I need to do, or am I forgetting some tags in
my server.xml?

Thanks again,
-KSH